The JP Spata Southampton Town Democratic Club is doing its part to help the many families in need during this pandemic. If you wish to join our effort, these are some organizations both East and West of the Canal that need your support:
• The JP Spata Southampton Town Democratic Club is now supporting four families in Southampton and Riverhead by providing food and supplies. Contact Joy Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. To donate to the Democratic Club’s families please go to https://www.shdemclub.com and click on the Donate button.
• Temple Adas Israel in Sag Harbor is “adopting” families with the help of Minerva Perez, Executive Director of OLA (Organización Latino-Americana) to provide food and supplies to Latino families in the Southampton area. They are currently supporting eight families and need your help. Contact Andi Klausner, Democratic Club Advisory Board member & Committee Second Vice-Chair, for details at email@example.com. To donate to OLA please go to https://www.olaofeasternlongisland.org/donate
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center is reaching out to the entire Southampton community to help local families. Contact Executive Director Bonnie Michelle Cannon for details at firstname.lastname@example.org or please donate at https://www.bhccrc.org/
• Neighbors in Support of Immigrants (NISI) is accepting financial donations at NISI, PO Box 803, Hampton Bays, NY 11946 in addition to distributing food. For details contact Sister Mary Beth Moore at email@example.com, St. Rosalie’s Church in Hampton Bays.
• Butterfly Effect Project––The Butterflies have teamed up with the First Baptist Church of Riverhead and Montauk Iced Tea to deliver food and essentials to their community’s most vulnerable. For details contact Founder & Executive Director Tijuana Fulford at Contact@bepgirls.org One can also Adopt a Butterfly at https://www.bepgirls.org/adopt
During these challenging times may we all find extra comfort from family and friends and reflect on what’s really important to us. Please be careful but not afraid.
Thinking of you all,